If you have decided on getting braces either for you or your child, you are making a long-term commitment to one orthodontist. It’s a big investment you are making because a significant amount of time and money is involved. However, a right family orthodontist can make this entire process worth its while.
Here’s what you need to know when evaluating orthodontists in Lawrenceville, GA.1. Collect information
Collecting information is a crucial step because it gives you the power to make the right choice. Here’s how you can get information to shortlist the best orthodontists in Lawrenceville, GA:
- Find out what the former and current patients have to say about the orthodontist.
- Look for reviews online.
- Check out the websites of orthodontists in the Lawrenceville area to get a feel of the place and people working in there.
- Ask your friends and family for recommendations.
- Call up the orthodontic office to see how they respond to your queries.
Once you get the recommendations and information about the orthodontics in Lawrenceville, GA, take your time to shortlist the potential orthodontists based on the other parameters we’ll discuss next.2. Compare specialties, treatment options, costs, and finance options
Today there so many types of braces and orthodontic treatment options available to straighten your teeth. And each orthodontic procedure requires special skills.
Unfortunately, not all family orthodontists are skilled to carry out specialized techniques needed for clear or Invisalign braces.
It is therefore important to choose an orthodontist who is skilled to carry out the treatment options of your choice.
The cost differs with the types of braces you choose. Traditional metal braces will cost comparatively lesser than clear or Invisalign braces. Most orthodontists in Lawrenceville offer payment options to make the financials a little easier on you.
Compare the specialties, treatment options, cost, and finance options before taking a final call.3. Check the credentials & experience
It is always better to check out your orthodontist’s credentials, specialties and experience before you make the choice. You would want to choose an orthodontist in Lawrenceville, who is
- A licensed member of the American Association of Orthodontist,
- Has been practicing for a while and
- Is up to date with the latest orthodontic technology.
Also, check their website to find out answers to these questions:
- Are they certified to carry out orthodontic treatment with clear braces or Invisalign braces?
- How many patients have they treated with this technology so far?
Not all orthodontists in Lawrenceville, GA have flexible appointment schedules. Find out whether your potential orthodontist takes early or late appointments.
Ask about their policy about canceling or postponing the appointment. How open they are to see you when you have an emergency?
Find out this information about orthodontists in Lawrenceville, and choose the one, who is flexible enough to understand how valuable your time is.5. Is the location convenient?
Orthodontic treatment is a long process, so a convenient location of an orthodontist in Lawrenceville is a must. Also, inquire about the parking facility in the area as well.6. Schedule an initial consultation
An initial consultation will help you get a first-hand experience of how it’s going to be if you decide you go ahead with the orthodontist. Your initial consultation will make you get a feel of the place and the people responsible for your care. Observation is the key here. Observe these things:
- Is everything looking clean and sterile?
- Are they using the latest technology?
- Do the staff keep their patient’s comfort in mind at all times?
- Is the office comfortable and the staff friendly?
- Is the orthodontist attending to you makes you feel comfortable?
- Is the orthodontist trustworthy and skilled enough to carry out your orthodontic treatment?
These things are important to know because you’ll be spending the next 2-3 years or even more with that orthodontist. So, you may as well analyze your experience to decide whether or not to go ahead with the orthodontist.
Once you have all the information required, weigh your options. Look at all the factors mentioned above, and then make your final decision. If you have any doubts or questions, don’t hesitate to call the orthodontist’s office.
If you are looking for the best orthodontist in Lawrenceville, GA, consider Dr. Jacob Koch of Koch Orthodontists. He stays current with all the important trends to offer you the latest technology in orthodontic treatment.
To find out what type of orthodontic treatment is best for you, call Koch Orthodontics, your orthodontist in Lawrenceville, GA today to schedule your initial consultation.